Over 165,0000 Tickets Sold
Headline Tickets has sold more than 1.5 million authentic tickets for concerts, sports and theater events all over the globe.
Buy with Confidence!
Pittsburgh Pirates Tickets | Pirates Tickets
There's nothing like baseball in the spring and summer, and it means that PNC Park is a prime destination for everyone with Pirates tickets who wants to see the team take the field. It's a tradition that goes back over 100 yards, as the team was founded in 1881—though the parks have changed, of course, as the seasons go by. Still, there's a sense of history that you get when you use your Pittsburgh Pirates tickets that you don't get when going to other sporting events. This is an iconic team and it is a part of the city's very fabric, helping define the area and the people for generations.
Founding and Divisions
The team first came into existence on Oct. 15, 1881, and they were not known as the Pittsburgh Pirates back then, but as Allegheny. Six years later, in 1887, the team joined the National League, where it has stayed ever since. The team did jump between conferences, playing in the East Division from 1969 to 1993 and then switching to the Central Division, but it has been in the National League since leaving the American Association in 1887.
Not many teams that start out begin by winning consistently, but those who bought Pirates tickets back in the old days got to see competitive play right from the start. The Pirates won the NL Title in 1901, followed it up with another in 1902, and won a third in 1903. That year, they went to the first iteration of a new playoff system that had been devised—it was a little thing called the World Series. Though they didn't win that one, they were back in 1909, and they got the first World Series victory in team history.
World Series Wins
As noted above, those with Pittsburgh Pirates tickets back in 1909 got to see the team win their first ever World Series, but it's not the only one in team history. They also won in the following years:
- In 1925, the Pirates played the Washington Senators—who had won the World Series the year before—and they beat them in seven games.
- In 1960, the Pirates were matched up against the New York Yankees. Once again, it took them seven games, but they won the last one 10-9 and took the title.
- In 1971, the Pirates again had to face the previous year's winner, and this time it was the Baltimore Oriels who were trying to defend their title. The Pirates beat them in seven games, just like the others.
- In 1979, the Orioles and the Pirates found themselves in a rematch for the Series, and the Pirates won it again. This time, they dropped into an 0-3 hole and then won four straight.
As you can see, fans who bought Pirates tickets started to think of the team as a club you could never count out. In all four World Series wins, things went right down to the wire, but they came out on top in seven games.
Hall of Fame Players
The Pirates have 37 players in the Hall of Fame, including names like Honus Wagner, Arky Vaughan, Bill Mazeroski, Rabbit Maranville, and Roberto Clemente. Those who picked up Pittsburgh Pirates tickets have been fortunate enough to see some of these greats pass through the team and end up enshrined in the Hall, where they have become a part of baseball lore.
The Biggest Moment
There have been plenty of huge moments for a franchise that is over 100 years old, but one of the most memorable happened in the 1960 World Series. As noted above, the series took all seven games before the Pirates won, but the reality is that it was more dramatic than that. In the final game, with the title on the line, the Yankees and Pirates were tied. The Yankees were huge favorites in the series. In the bottom of the ninth inning, Bill Mazeroski stepped up to the plate and smashed the ball over the fence for a walk-off win. Some have called this play the single greatest home run that baseball has ever seen.
- Arrive in time for the event.
- Legitimate and valid for entry.
- Ones you ordered or better.
- Fully refunded if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- 200 percent worry-free buying.
- Veteran Owned Business
- A+ BBB Rated
- Hourly Security Scanned
- Convenient Phone Hours 8am-1am
- NO Fees on All Tickets
- Discount Codes Provided on Page
- Lowest Out The Door Cost